‘SEE LOVE BE – MINDFULNESS AND THE SPIRITUAL LIFE’ – course, retreat & talk.
Eight week course (=8 x 90 mins weekly) for Reading interfaith group – starts 8th May. ONLY A FEW PLACES LEFT.
I am really looking forward to leading this course in an interfaith setting which is partly what I had in mind when I wrote the book. If you live in the Reading area you are welcome to come and join us. Details are:
- Organised by Reading interfaith group: http://www.readinginterfaith.org.uk
- Dates/times: 7.30-9pm Wednesdays 8th May to 26th June
- Cost £100 (+ price of the book) – though applications for concessions are invited
- Venue: St. Andrews church, Caversham, RG4 7AW – http://www.standrewscaversham.org
- Apply: email@example.com
Four day retreat at Othona retreat centre, Dorset – 3-7 July
Covering the same material from the book but in this beautiful Dorset coast retreat centre. We will cover all eight sessions in the book mixing guided meditations, sharing experience and discussion. People from any or no faith background are welcome.
- Dates: Evening of 3rd July to after lunch on 7th July
- Venue: Othona Reatreat Centre – www.othonawestdorset.org.uk
- Full details and applications: https://www.othonawestdorset.org.uk/civicrm/event/info?id=1644
Talk at the Quiet Garden movement’s AGM in Liverpool – 11th May
If you are a member of the Quiet garden movement you will be informed of this day where I will be giving a talk and also running a workshop based on my two books.
MINDFULNESS AND CHRISTIAN SPIRITUALITY – teaching day in Oxford
Single teaching day in Oxford Sat 18th May 2019 10am to 4pm
- A day of practice, inquiry and reflection on how mindfulness practices can support Christian spirituality
- Venue: St.Michael the North Gate, Oxford
- Details: Oxford Centre for Spiritual Growth
- Link: http://www.ocsg.uk.net/events/mindfulness-and-christian-spirituality-repeat-event
Mindfulness for Parents and carers update: this course is now not running this spring as we were unable to get enough people to make it viable. However, we are still committed to this course in principle and may run it at a different time (probably evenings) later in the year. If you are interested in attending such a course and have time or day preferences please get in touch through the contact page. Thanks. Tim & Susie
Teaching for the Oxford Mindfulness Centre
This term I have been teaching the Oxford University student version of Mark Williams’ ‘Finding Peace’ book which has been a really interesting experience so far.
Next term it looks as though I will be teaching the University staff version of the course and the public MBCT course as well.
- All Oxford Mindfulness Centre courses can be booked through their web-site: http://www.oxfordmindfulness.org